English : ongoing passion of mine!

Monday, July 24, 2006

True Traveler



Janet and John Anderson are among the people giving most contributions to my English. We firstly met ten years ago (Feb 1996) on a ferry boat when I was on the way home from a school vacation in Bali. Talking to them was an unforgettable experience since they were the first foreigners to whom I talked to in English. They were a couple who just got married for two years and were on their around the world travel.

For improving my English,I asked whether we could be pen-pals. Since they were traveling, they recommended me to correspondent with their parents living in Michigan. Firstly through snail-mail which was about 1500 rupiahs to send a letter from Indonesia to the USA. However, after the monetary crisis in 1998, the cost was ten times higher and it was not affordable by me. So, they recommended me to write via email. And since then I started exploring the Internet, which has become one of my interests now.



They are unique people to me because they prefer not to settle at certain place. They keep traveling from time to time, city to city, country to country. During the ten years of our meeting, as I can remember, they were only settle in certain place for awhile and travel again, and again.